Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Caesar salad wraps


Anchovies, Marmite, Adam Sandler...all things you either really love or really hate, I personally loath Marmite and weird-voice man, but adore Anchovies. I forgot about them for a little while, but as I was fighting my way through the aisles of my local supermarket, stuck between a granny with dementia and a mother screaming at her screaming child, I noticed a lovely jar of anchovies staring straight at me...and just like that the craving hit. Caesar salad for lunch it had to be...I wasn't in the mood to make croutons so I opted for a wrap version instead. It's scrumptious and made the awful screaming-mum-and-child-granny-with-zimmer-frame-shopping-experience worthwhile.

Caesar salad wraps


Ingredients: (makes 2)
For the dressing:
4 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 anchovy fillets
pinch sugar
good grinding of pepper

2 cooked chicken breasts (I like to season mine with some salt and cayenne pepper, not traditional, but it adds a good kick)
baby cos lettuce leaves
parmesan
tortilla wraps

Method:
Place the dressing ingredients into a bowl and combine using a hand held mixer to blend the anchovy fillets into the dressing.
Warm the wraps in a frying pan.
Slice the chicken fillets into strips, and wash and dry the lettuce if needed.
Using a spoon, smear a little dressing over each wrap and top with lettuce and strips of chicken.
Finish with shavings of parmesan and a good drizzle of dressing.
Personally, I have mine with one or two more anchovy fillets and a little more black pepper but it's up to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment