Here's a recipe for an awesome summer dessert (guilt ridden I feel the need to overcompensate for the lack of posts and recipes this month...forgiven? I do hope so.)
It's a new take on the traditional Ice cream bomb. White chocolate and raspberries work a treat together, team them up with ice cream, Madeira cake and good dose of decadence and you've got yourself a killer dessert that will wow the socks off any mother-in-law.
If you like this recipe then you should definitely have a peek at my Chocolate and blueberry ice cream cake
Raspberry and white chocolate ice cream bomb
Ingredients: serves 8
- 1 Madeira cake
- 3 large organic eggs (separated)
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 125g cream cheese
- 125ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g white chocolate (chopped)
- 50g raspberries
- 100g white chocolate (melted)
- 50g raspberries to scatter
- Line a 2ltr glass/ceramic bowl with clingfilm (the clingfilm should some well over the edges so that you can fold it back over the dessert) and put in the freezer to chill.
- Slice the Madeira cake into squares about 1cm in thickness.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and push the squares of cake around the sides, meeting edge to edge to form and layer. (Cover any holes with left-over pieces of cake.)
- Scatter in raspberries and chopped chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and castor sugar until pale and thick (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the cream cheese and cream and mix until combined.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to your cheese mixture.
- Lastly, fold through the egg whites being careful not to knock out too much of the air.
- Pour into the bowl to cover the filling, then fold over clingfilm and put back in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove 5 minutes before serving and allow to sit, then turn onto a serving dish and gently pull the clingfilm down to leaver the dessert out of the bowl. (Then throw the clingfilm away please.)
- Pour over melted chocolate and raspberries and serve.